Live your Happiest Life at Work and Home
Resources and a community to help you to enjoy your day, succeed in work, and love your life
This site is a community for women in Medical and Allied Health professions. If you’re a professional from a different profession, and you want to join along, please do. Just sign up here for your free Happiness Field Guide ebook and I’ll stay in touch when I add new articles here.
All resources are here to help you grow in your personal development in the area of happiness and loving your life at work and home.
A 4 -part Model for loving and living your best life
Topics at Minutes to Happy are derived from my 4 part model for loving your life and living to your potential:
Step 1: Find ways to understand setbacks and problems from your past
Step 2: Define your preferred future
Step 3: Build simple effective habits for happiness and to reach your goals
Step 4: Maintain a balanced and peaceful life at work and home due to your daily routine that draws you toward your goals.
The challenges of a busy work and home life
You live a busy life at work and home and sometimes it’s hard to dream, plan and achieve the life you desire. You wake up feeling busy and overwhelmed before the day starts. You:
- Prepare lunches
- Get ready for work
- Travel to work with your mind full of tasks and a to-do list.
- Your work day is full of decisions, responsibilities and paperwork.
At the end of the day you travel home from work with a list in your mind for the evening;
- Prepare dinner
- Help the kids
- Clean up
- Plan for the next day
Later you drop into bed. You appreciate your life and your family and desire to work hard and do well but you have a feeling there’s a better way to carry out your tasks with happiness and clarity.
When you’re busy, responsible, and working hard, its sometimes difficult to imagine a life that is peaceful, purposeful, and positively productive so you can enjoy each day and love your life.
Hi i’m Gabrielle. I started Minutes to Happy for three reasons:
- To help you define your best life and reach your goals so you can enjoy your day, succeed in work and love your life.
- To build a community of like-minded high achieving women in professional careers so we can support each other through life
- To help you build your best life through my articles, books, and support services
I help women in professional careers to define their best lives and find happiness habits so they can lead a peaceful, purposeful and productive life.
My passion is to see women live with kindness and compassion towards themselves and others, and to develop their strengths for living a happy and purposeful life.
At the end of this page, you can see my qualifications for reference.
Resources here help you to look ahead to a positive future and remain focused on the present. To achieve this, I encourage you to create an inspiring and hopeful vision for the future, while living happily each day. I know this can be challenging at times but my aim is to encourage you to press on.
To understand more about Minutes to Happy and what I believe in, click here to read my Manifesto of Values.
My Vision for You
I’d love to see you live your best life, to your highest potential, with simplicity, balance and joy.
In a world of comparisons, busyness, and stress, it can be easy to lose sight of the best version of ourselves. I understand how this feels. I work in an Allied Health profession and I have two children. I know the challenge of balancing the demands of work and home.
The challenges we face are many:
- Demands on our time and emotions
- Raising children (for some women but not all)
- Daily work tasks
- Ongoing professional development
- Home tasks and family schedules
- Helping clients and patients
- Maintaining our own physical health and dealing with health problems
- Emotional challenges such as depression and anxiety
- The pressures we can place on ourselves because we aim for achieving success in all we do
Our lives also have many joys in work and family life. My aim is to see you enhance the joys.
What is Your Best Life?
So how do we define our best life and living as our best self? I define this in the following ways:
- Being kind and compassionate towards yourself. You are you and no-one else. Despite what the world may throw at you, you are acceptable.
- Understanding your past hurts, challenges and roadblocks and finding ways to conceptualise these in healthy ways so they don’t hold you back
- Living to your strengths, knowing your strengths, accepting yourself, and using your strengths wisely and responsibly to benefit yourself and the people you care about
- A life of refuge from perfectionism or negatively comparing yourself to others
- A life of peace, purpose and positive productivity, with rest mixed in.
Design your preferred future
When you design your preferred life and set goals to get there, your happiness habits are the actions you take to live this best life.
I come from a belief, and counseling/coaching background, that happiness grows through habits in four areas:
- Your character
- Your mind
- Your relationships
- Your actions
It is often the small repeated habits in these four areas that build your life, and mine. It’s healthy habits in these areas that build your richest life.
What is a rich life?
This is your best life and self in four areas:
- Rich in character and Integrity
- Rich in relationships and family
- Rich in purpose and meaning
- Rich in generosity, and having your needs met.
We are a Community
Minutes to Happy is a community of like minded high-achieving and professional women. We support and encourage each other to grow a happy life.
I accept that I am always learning and don’t have all the answers, but I can strive to help you to find your ideal life and your own solutions to getting there.
My education and qualifications are in Psychology, Counseling and coaching (currently completing), and Audiology. My passion is in positive psychology and solution- focused approaches . I am married with two children who are both in school.
- BA Psychology
- Diploma of Counseling (nearly complete!) Specialising in grief, abuse and mindfulness counselling.
- Cert IV Life coaching and mental health (currently completing), specialising in health, wellbeing and life stages
- Certificates through positive psychology.com (self-acceptance, meaning and valued living, strengths coaching)
- Master of Clinical Audiology with over 16 years experience in aural rehabilitation, assessment and tinnitus counseling
- Certificate in Community Welfare
Please grab a journal as this site will be a growing archive of articles and exercises to try. As a subscriber, you’ll also receive a free monthly PDF download of “The Happiness Field Guide”. This includes tips from my monthly articles and suggested reading for your personal and professional development.
Thanks for joining me
With love and best wishes